|USPS First-Class Mail||$4.00 ($0.00 as additional item)|
“YELLOW LONG NECK”
This is a well-known large delicious bright yellow fig that is sweet and very juicy. A nice pleasant sweet figgy flavor that melts in your mouth with each bite. The figs get huge! Sometimes they are over 100g each. The tree is very productive and early to mid season ripening. This variety does not require pollination. You are getting two trees similar to the photos. They will be between 4-6”. Some have multiple branches some have one. They are all different. Two trees with roots wrapped damp.
These trees are from cuttings. They were planted in fall of last year. They are ready to be planted. This one will usually produce in its second year. I recommend keeping these trees near a sunny window or porch to acclimate. This variety is good for zones 5 to 10. This variety gets up to about 15 foot high and 12 foot wide.
I am going to add a couple of bullet points below please read before purchasing:
1. Your new tree is very healthy and growing right now. Sometimes in shipping they will go into shock. What that means is that it may drop its leaves. If this happens do not be scared. Just keep giving it a bit of water and filtered sun and it will send out new leaves.
2. When they are young you want to give them a good head start. I like to use half strength diluted miracle grow fertilizer. This is imperative to get your little tree growing fast so it can produce fruit quickly. This seems to be a good regimen for this type of tree.
3. These trees should be planted into a gallon pot. I would let these trees stay in these pots until they get bigger. They can then be moved into a 15 gallon or planted in ground.
4. These trees are free from the Fig mosaic virus. What that means is they will grow rapidly and have normal shaped leaves and dark green color.
5. If you decide to put your tree in the sun you may sunburn the leaves. You need to acclimate them slowly. The leaves are fragile!
6. Due to the USPS’s inability to be consistent do not be surprised if the leaves are yellowing. They will be without sunlight for 3 to 10 days or longer in some instances. Most deliveries take 3 days. The tree will not die from being without light. You just need to keep it in a warm area without direct sun.
7. If your tree is dead on arrival which means it’s shriveled and black please reach out to me within 24 hours for a free replacement. Beyond the 24 hours I cannot guarantee any plant.
8. The care of the tree is fairly easy. Keep it near a sunny window or on a porch and water it every couple days. Slowly acclimate it to sun.
9. Enjoy those tennis ball size figs!
10. Double check your address! We cannot edit addresses.